Job Opening: Manufacturing Factory Supervisor
Rahco Rubber is Hiring Manufacturing (Factory) Supervisors
We are seeking a Manufacturing (Factory) Supervisor [with 3 to 5 years of supervising experience in a manufacturing environment — based in the Chicagoland area] who will join our team of professionals, dedicated to providing quality products to customers who meet or exceed their expectations
Details on how to apply are included below.
The Manufacturing Supervisor works as key part of a team to exercise overall supervision of all employees on the shift and ensure a well-managed, high-performing and safe environment. This role has a significant impact on OEE, daily factory and production operations, staff management and troubleshooting — and is a highly visible position within the company, critical to our growth as a world-class supplier and value-added partner to customers.
- Manage employees who support manufacturing & factory operations to ensure high-quality production and a high-standard of output.
- Ensure that employees understand expectations (including their attendance, performance, and adherence to work instruction to work safely and avoid injury); and help guide performance of employees (including those who are not meeting standards to improve to 100% of expectations).
- Monitor and improve press Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Maintain effective communications; communicate with Supervisor from the previous shift and review production schedule, changeover schedule, and issues from the previous shift.
- Ensure all labor and production data is accurately reported and entered correctly into the computer.
- Ensure all employees are performing; completing tasks correctly and safely; and the effective use of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Administer performance reviews and coach all personnel to improve individual performance (including evaluations of new hire employees as they are being trained and prior to hire).
- Participate in scrap review process
- Maintain shop cleanliness and organization
- Propose and implement improvements that will reduce product cost, increase output, increase machine up-time, decrease expense, and provide a better and safer work environment.
Ideal Qualifications / Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Good attendance and performance work history.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Must have and exhibit strong leadership, troubleshooting knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook and other Web-based applications.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime (periodically on an as-needed/ required basis, including alternative shift or extended work week to complete work-in-process and communicate with other shifts.
This position offers very competitive pay, benefits, training and advancement opportunities.
Click here (/about-us/careers/) to learn more about our company culture and life at Rahco Rubber.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your information (resume and/or experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- In the email subject line, write: “Sales Support’ and your name” (ex: Manufacturing Supervisor John Smith)
- Confirm that you are based in the Chicagoland area or nearby location Cover letter is not required, but we appreciate any additional details
- Attach your resume (and if you do not have a resume, please include relevant details of your experience, qualification or ability to meet the expectations noted above)
ABOUT RAHCO RUBBER:
Rahco Rubber, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 & 2015 Certified, vertically integrated manufacturer of custom-engineered, precision molded rubber components and sealing solutions. It formulates and optimizes advanced polymer materials, produces highly-engineered rubber parts to exacting specifications, with zero defects, and facilitates secondary operations in-house. Since 1967, Rahco has built a reputation as a best-in-class supplier and value-added partner to the nation’s most sophisticated manufacturers, OEM’s and Tier I & II suppliers. It is a family owned and operated business that embraces a customer-focused philosophy based on trust, dedication to delivering the highest quality and lean manufacturing excellence. Rahco products are predominantly found throughout the appliance, water distribution, off-road equipment, food service, rail hatch, electrical supply, agricultural and medical implements industries.