Job Opening: Chemist
Rahco Rubber is Hiring a Chemist
We are seeking a Chemist [with minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineered molded rubber part environment— based in the Chicagoland area] who will join our team of professionals, dedicated to providing quality products to customers who meet or exceed their expectation.
Details on how to apply are included below.
The Chemist works as key part of our team to carry out a strong core competency of ours: rubber formulation development. Our in-house Chemists work to develop a formulation that satisfies all customer requirements, is highly processable and is cost effective. This role is a highly visible position within the company, critical to our growth as a world-class supplier and value-added partner to customers.
Competency in formulating for synthetic and Natural rubber for Transfer, Injection and Flashless molding is required.
- Development and fast-turnaround of rubber compounds for a variety of OEM’s and applications.
- Compound mixing procedures, compound specifications and quality for all processes.
- Interact with engineering and production to enhance compounds for molding efficiency and zero scrap.
Ideal Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years of experience in an engineered molded rubber part environment.
- A degree is highly desirable.
- Competent in all facets of material testing with the ability to coordinate results with process engineers.
- Strong understanding of engineering and polymer fundamentals and conceptual skills.
- Must demonstrate highly-motivated work ethic; excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- Must have strong performance work history and exhibit leadership qualities.
This position offers excellent compensation; very competitive pay, benefits, experience and advancement opportunities.
Click here (/about-us/careers/) to learn more about our company culture and life at Rahco Rubber.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your information (resume and/or experience) to email@example.com and include:
- In the email subject line, write: “Rubber Chemist’ and your name” (ex: Rubber Chemist John Smith)
- Confirm that you are based in the Chicagoland area or nearby location; and available times for a follow-up call
- Attach your resume
— Cover letter is not required, but we appreciate any additional details
ABOUT RAHCO RUBBER:
Rahco Rubber, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 & 2015 Certified, vertically integrated manufacturer of custom-engineered, precision molded rubber components and sealing solutions. It formulates and optimizes advanced polymer materials, produces highly-engineered rubber parts to exacting specifications, with zero defects, and facilitates secondary operations in-house. Since 1967, Rahco has built a reputation as a best-in-class supplier and value-added partner to the nation’s most sophisticated manufacturers, OEM’s and Tier I & II suppliers. It is a family owned and operated business that embraces a customer-focused philosophy based on trust, dedication to delivering the highest quality and lean manufacturing excellence. Rahco products are predominantly found throughout the appliance, water distribution, off-road equipment, food service, rail hatch, electrical supply, agricultural and medical implements industries.