Job Opening: Maintenance Mechanic
We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic (with minimum of 5 years of technical experience and knowledge of hydraulics — based in the Chicagoland area) who will join our maintenance team to perform equipment installations, routine maintenance tasks, and equipment repairs.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Open to Discussing Flexible Shift Schedule
*Traditional Schedule follows Split Shifts: 1st Shift (7am-3:30pm) / 2nd Shift (12pm-8:30pm)
*Training/Onboarding would be conducted on 1st shift
The Maintenance Mechanic works as key part of our team and manufacturing operations, working to ensure hydraulic, electrical and rubber molding equipment is maintained, calibrated and working properly. This role is a highly visible position within the company, critical to our growth as a world-class supplier and value-added partner to customers.
- 5+ years experience as a Maintenance Mechanic / Technician
- Must have and exhibit strong troubleshooting and independent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and machine operating systems
- Competent in preventative maintenance and shop support repair experience
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Experience with rubber or plastics is highly desirable
- Ability to provide tools is encouraged, but not required
This position offers very competitive pay, benefits package is offered, with training and advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
Please provide your information (resume and/or experience) and include:
- Confirm that you are based in the Chicagoland area or nearby location
- Cover letter is not required, but we appreciate any additional details
- Attach your resume (and if you do not have a resume, please include relevant details of your experience, qualifications or ability to meet the expectations noted above)
- If you prefer to contact us by phone, please ask for Shawn Durbin at 224-217-6222.
About Rahco Rubber
Rahco Rubber, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 & 2015 Certified, vertically-integrated manufacturer of custom-engineered, precision molded rubber components and sealing solutions. It formulates and optimizes advanced polymer materials, produces highly-engineered rubber parts to exacting specifications, with zero defects, and facilitates secondary operations in-house. Since 1967, Rahco has built a reputation as a best-in-class supplier and value-added partner to the nation’s most sophisticated manufacturers, OEMs, and Tier I & II suppliers. It is a family-owned and operated business that embraces a customer-focused philosophy based on trust, dedication to delivering the highest quality, and lean manufacturing excellence. Rahco products are predominantly found throughout the appliance, water distribution, off-road equipment, food service, rail hatch, electrical supply, agricultural and medical implements industries.