Job Opening: Process Engineer
Rahco Rubber is Hiring a Process Engineer
We are seeking a Process Engineer in the Chicagoland area who will join our team of professionals, dedicated to providing quality products to customers who meet or exceed their expectation.
Details on how to apply are included below.
The Process Engineer works as part of a team to plan, analyze and control the quality of rubber molded products. This position has a significant impact on OEE, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. This is a highly visible position within the company and critical to the growth of the company. The Process Engineer’s major role is to support daily operations and troubleshooting with 80%+ of time on Production floor.
- Involvement in process planning, optimization and working closely with press operators
- Provide training for press operators on equipment operation, troubleshooting and safety
- Assure presses are operating within setup parameters and conduct root cause analysis to address variation
- Evaluate process improvement and recommend changes
- Support, promote and recommend improvements to provide a safe work environment
- Conduct LPA’s
- Work with the shift supervisor, and maintenance team to ensure smooth operation on the shift
Ideal Qualifications / Experience
- Molding experience preferred
- Extensive troubleshooting knowledge of rubber molding processes including cold runner injection and low waste flashless transfer preferred
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints and minimal supervision
- Must have willingness and ability to work periodically on an extended work week, including alternative shift and weekends
- Must be proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, and other Web-based application
- Six Sigma certified-DOE and Minitab experience preferred
- Experience in LEAN/Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Must have strong performance work history and exhibit leadership qualities
- Must demonstrate highly-motivated work ethic; excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Team Player
This position offers excellent compensation; very competitive pay, benefits, experience and advancement opportunities.
Click here (/about-us/careers/) to learn more about our company culture and life at Rahco Rubber.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Shawn Durbin at (224) 217-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your information (resume and/or experience) to Shawn and CC email@example.com with
- In the email subject line, write: “Process Engineer and your name” (ex: Process Engineer John Smith)
- Confirm that you are based in the Chicagoland area or nearby location; and available times for a follow-up call
- Attach your resume
— Cover letter is not required, but we appreciate any additional details
ABOUT RAHCO RUBBER:
Rahco Rubber, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 & 2015 Certified, vertically integrated manufacturer of custom-engineered, precision molded rubber components and sealing solutions. It formulates and optimizes advanced polymer materials, produces highly-engineered rubber parts to exacting specifications, with zero defects, and facilitates secondary operations in-house. Since 1967, Rahco has built a reputation as a best-in-class supplier and value-added partner to the nation’s most sophisticated manufacturers, OEM’s and Tier I & II suppliers. It is a family owned and operated business that embraces a customer-focused philosophy based on trust, dedication to delivering the highest quality and lean manufacturing excellence. Rahco products are predominantly found throughout the appliance, water distribution, off-road equipment, food service, rail hatch, electrical supply, agricultural and medical implements industries.
Employee safety is a priority at Rahco Rubber, and that is especially true during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have implemented stringent protocols to keep our workplace safe, including a rigorous sanitation schedule, CDC-compliant PPE use, and physical distancing.