Job Opening: Mold / Tool Setup Technician
Mold/Tool Setup Technician (Split 1st/2nd shift: 12:00pm-8:30pm)
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Split 1st/2nd Shift (12pm-8:30pm)
*Training will be conducted on 1st shift (7am-3:30pm)
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
To exercise the role of Mold/Tool Setup Technician in a fast-paced production environment. The Mold/Tool Setup Technician works as a key part of a team to oversee the cleaning, repairing, installing, and organization of all molds and tools required to produce rubber components. This role has a significant impact on OEE, daily factory and production operations, and overall mold performance — and is a highly visible position within the company, critical to our growth as a world-class supplier and value-added partner to customers.
- Read setup instruction sheet to determine prescribed settings and verify correct set up of tool/die/mold, presses, and auxiliary equipment before machine startup
- Position, align, and secure assembled tools or tool components, and machine accessories, onto the machine using hoist, power tools, and hand tools
- Set up and adjust automatic injection presses
- Set up of auxiliary tools and equipment
- Clean tooling (plastic media, ultrasonic and dry ice)
- Record tool/die/mold cleaning and setup made
- Propose and implement improvements that will reduce setup cost, increase output, increase machine uptime, decrease expense, and provide a better and safer work environment
- Oversee and maintain workspace cleanliness and organization
- 3+ years of experience as a Mold/Tool Setup Technician preferred but not necessary
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not necessary
- Good attendance and performance work history
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Requires excellent mobility and use of proper lifting techniques to avoid injury
- Previous knowledge of compression and injection molding preferred
- Previous forklift experience – must be able to pass forklift certification.
- 5S and Lean Principles a major plus
- Must have basic computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- To apply for the Mold/Tool Setup Technician position, please reply to this posting by stating your interest and attaching your resume
- Must have the ability and willingness to work overtime on an as-needed basis to complete any work-in-process and communicate production information during a shift changeover
- This position offers very competitive pay, benefits, training, and advancement opportunities
About Rahco Rubber
Rahco Rubber, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 & 2015 Certified, vertically-integrated manufacturer of custom-engineered, precision molded rubber components and sealing solutions. It formulates and optimizes advanced polymer materials, produces highly-engineered rubber parts to exacting specifications, with zero defects, and facilitates secondary operations in-house. Since 1967, Rahco has built a reputation as a best-in-class supplier and value-added partner to the nation’s most sophisticated manufacturers, OEMs, and Tier I & II suppliers. It is a family-owned and operated business that embraces a customer-focused philosophy based on trust, dedication to delivering the highest quality, and lean manufacturing excellence. Rahco products are predominantly found throughout the appliance, water distribution, off-road equipment, food service, rail hatch, electrical supply, agricultural and medical implements industries.